Monday, March 3, 2014

White lunch


I suppose this could be considered a thematic lunch, as this day everything I brought was white/whitish.
My main dish was a pasta salad that brings lots of childhood memories. My parents and I  don't have the same taste when it comes to food, but this is one of my mother's recipes that I make regularly.
It couldn't be easier, just mix cooked and cooled pasta with mayonnaise, cooked peas and pieces of tangerine. Salt and pepper, ready! Whereas usually it's recommendable to use fresh vegetables and fruit, this salad is best made with both peas and tangerines from the can. I find it quite retro. Or is it vintage, if my mother has been making it regularly since the seventies? ;-)
My second breakfast were sandwich bread rolls with cheese, mustard and gherkins, accompanied by raw cauliflower.


No comments:

Post a Comment