Sunday, March 16, 2014

Asian

For this lunch I made potstickers, or gyoza, for the first time in my life. I really like to eat them, but I know only one place here in Barcelona where they sell a Vegetarian version, and it's far away from my daily routes. So I always wanted to make them myself but was discouraged by the idea of making the dough myself. But when I found premade dough in an Asia shop, I gave it a try. My filling consisted of cabbage and TVP, I first steamed and then fried them. They turned out quite okay, although I still have to work on the filling.
What I'm really proud of are the korokke, the Japanese croquettes, which were my second breakfast. I improvised a filling with potatoes, corn and peas and coated them with panko. If you ever want to try them (there a lots of recipes to be found on the internet) I really recommend to freeze them before you coat and fry them, it makes it so much easier to handle them and they don't fall apart.
I also brought some storebought tonkatsu sauce for the croquettes and spicy cucumber slices as a side dish.



No comments:

Post a Comment